The Ice Skating Institute is an international industry trade association encompassing all aspects of the ice skating industry. Founded in 1959 as a nonprofit organization for owners, operators and developers of ice skating facilities, ISI also created America’s original learn-to-skate program, now known as weSKATE, and has introduced more than 5 million individuals to the wonderful world of ice skating.
- Encourages participation in ice skating as a recreational sport.
- Provides information for the development and construction of ice arenas.
- Produces trade and educational publications and literature.
- Holds an annual educational conference and trade show for arenas managers, skating directors, instructors, and skating industry manufacturers, suppliers and retailers.
- Provides ice skating programs for skaters of all ages and abilities.
- Hosts six national recreational skating competitions annually.
- Organizes consumer shows in conjunction with its recreational skating events.
Whether you're a beginning skater, skate for fun, teach figure skating or hockey, manage a skating school or skating club, or own or operate an ice arena, the Ice Skating Institute is your chief advocate and top source of leadership, education and services.
For more information about membership, please see one of the categories below:
- Individual (skater/hockey)
- Professional (instructor/coach/skating director)
- Administrative (arenas, skating schools, clubs, retail vendors)
- Related Service (builder/supplier/vendor)