Suggested Ice Arena Operator Maintenance Schedule
Daily: Check List
- Suction pressure
- Discharge pressure
- Discharge temperature
- Oil pressure
- Oil level
- Refrigerant level
- Brine pressure
- Brine temperature
- Brine level
- Cooling water temperature and flow
- Sound level of equipment
- Clean up all brine or oil spills.
- Drain oil from chiller.
- Work all brine valves.
- Scrape and prime any rusting surfaces.
- Check condenser spray nozzles.
- Check all belts.
- Grease bearings per manufacturer’s specifications.
- Change compressor oil and clean crankcases.
- Inspect compressors as required.
- Clean compressor oil cooler.
- Clean condenser sump.
- Check and clean condenser tube bundle.
- Seal any condenser leaks.
- Inspect and paint headers as required.
- Have brine analysis done.
- Tighten all electrical and check contacts.
* Reprinted from iAIM Arena Operations Refrigeration Maintenance Course, courtesy of Art Sutherland, President of Accent Refrigeration Systems.