2014 Rule Revisions and changes to the ISI Handbook
There is a NEW timeline for ISI rule changes. The 2014 rule changes will be announced in March 2014. Information will be sent out via enews and posted on our website at www.skateisi.org. The new revised ISI Handbook will be available for purchase starting at the May 2014 ISI Conference & Trade Show in Chicago. These rules will be mandatory for all competitions beginning September 1, 2014.
2012 ISI Handbook Corrections
There are several corrections for the new 2012 ISI Handbook. Please make sure you write these corrections in your new book so it will be up to date.
Page 182 – Event Chart
a) Freestyle Duration column – Open Bronze / FS 4 / FS 5 / Open Silver should each be 2:00 (not 2:30)
b) Artistic Duration column – Open Gold / FS 6-10 / Open Platinum should each be 2:00 (not 2:30)
c) Spotlight Duration Column – Open Gold / FS 6-10 / Open Platinum should each be 2:00 (not 2:30)
Page 312 – Solo Compulsory criteria – Please add “General Overall"
ISI professional membership is for directors and instructors/coaches who derive income from performing, teaching or coaching ice skating or hockey.
Professional members enjoy unequaled benefits, such as:
- Access to the best liability insurance benefits in the industry, featuring more coverage at a lower price
- Subscriptions to ISI EDGE trade journal, Recreational Ice Skating magazine and ISI eNews
- Access to ISI educational materials
- Discounted registration fees for ISI programs and events including the Ice Arena Conference & Trade Show and Ice Arena Institute of Management (iAIM)
- Free district educational seminars
- ISI Judge Certification Program
- Right to register ISI tests for individual skater members
For more information, call (972) 735-8800.