ISI/PSA Affiliation Not Moving Forward
ISI Programs & Services Remain Strong
ISI President Rob McBride has announced that the ISI affiliation and merger discussions with the Professional Skating Association (PSA) will not be moving forward.
While the organizations encountered some issues that could not be overcome, they remain committed to the solid and mutually supportive relationship they have enjoyed over the years. Both ISI and PSA look forward to continuing to collaborate to best serve the ice sports industry.
ISI programs and services will be offered without interruption. There will be no changes to the skating program, and ISI national and local events, as well as testing, will continue as planned. The iAIM certification program for ISI administrative members and coaches will proceed as usual.
New ISI District Election Process
In an effort to be more inclusive, the ISI Board of Directors is implementing a new process for the election of District Representatives. Starting in 2015, the elections for district representatives will be conducted electronically: odd number districts in odd numbered years and even numbered districts in even numbered years.
- All Voting Representatives within a district will receive an email with a link to nominate one person as their district director. They will be given 10 days to submit a nomination. While both administrative member voting representatives (if there are two) will receive the nomination email, only the first nomination from each will be accepted.
- Names of nominees who receive only one nomination will be sent to all district voting representatives to be seconded. They will have five days to second a nomination.
- After all of the seconded nominations are in, the ISI office will ask each nominee if he/she is willing to serve. Each nominee will have 10 days to respond; a non-response will be taken as a no.
- The ISI office will verify qualifications for each nominee willing to serve and send electronic ballots to all voting representatives in their district. Voting will take place over the following 10 days.
- If no one nominee receives over 50% of the vote, a run-off election will be held between the top two candidates, or more if there are ties. Five days will be allowed for the run-off election
- The entire election process will take 65 days, beginning March 2 through May 5.
- The ISI office will verify final results, which will be announced at the ISI Conference & Trade Show.
ISI builder and supplier membership is for builders, suppliers and vendors of ice skating and arena products and services.
Get connected to your target customer audience with these membership benefits:
- Discounted advertising rates in ISI print and electronic publications
- Discounted exhibit space at the industry’s leading trade show and ISI’s national recreational skating competitions
- Virtual trade show for ISI trade show exhibitors
- Subscriptions to ISI EDGE trade journal, Recreational Ice Skating magazine and ISI eNews
- Free employment advertising on ISI Web site and in ISI EDGE
- Listing with description in annual ISI Directory, print and online
- Link on ISI Web site
- Business referrals and networking opportunities
For more information, call (972) 735-8800.