2016 ISI District/Section Election Process
The election will be conducted electronically using Question Pro. This year we are electing the even number district representatives as well as the Builder/Supplier, Commercial Facilities and Publicly Owned/ Not-for-Profit section representatives.
- All Administrator member voting representatives within a district and section will receive an email with a link to nominate one person as their district director and/or their section representative on March 3, 2016. They will be given until midnight March 13, 2016 to submit a nomination. Both administrative member voting representatives (if there are two) will receive the nomination email, but only the first nomination submitted will be accepted. We will send a reminder on March 8 & 12, 2016.
- Names of nominees who receive at least one nomination will be sent to the appropriate district voting representatives on March 17, 2016. Representatives will have until March 22, 2016 to second a nomination. We will send a reminder March 21, 2016.
- On March 25, 2016 the ISI office will contact each approved nominee to confirm whether he or she is willing to serve. Each nominee will have until April 4, 2016 to respond; a non-response will be considered a "no." We will make an attempt to contact by phone those that do not respond.
- The ISI office will verify qualifications for each nominee and send electronic ballots to all voting representatives in the nominee's district and section on April 7, 2016. Representatives will have until April 17, 2016 to vote. We will send a reminder April 12 & 16, 2016.
- If there are no nominees receiving more than 50 percent of the vote, a run-off election between the top two candidates, or more if there is a tie, will be held on April 21, 2016. Representatives will have until April 26, 2016 to vote in the run-off. We will send a reminder April 25, 2016.
- The entire election process will take 61 days, beginning March 3 through May 2.
- The ISI office will verify final results, and winners will be announced at the ISI Annual Meeting in May.
New ISI District Election Process
In an effort to be more inclusive, the ISI Board of Directors is implementing a new process for the election of District Representatives. Starting in 2015, the elections for district representatives will be conducted electronically: odd number districts in odd numbered years and even numbered districts in even numbered years.
- All Voting Representatives within a district will receive an email with a link to nominate one person as their district director. They will be given 10 days to submit a nomination. While both administrative member voting representatives (if there are two) will receive the nomination email, only the first nomination from each will be accepted.
- Names of nominees who receive only one nomination will be sent to all district voting representatives to be seconded. They will have five days to second a nomination.
- After all of the seconded nominations are in, the ISI office will ask each nominee if he/she is willing to serve. Each nominee will have 10 days to respond; a non-response will be taken as a no.
- The ISI office will verify qualifications for each nominee willing to serve and send electronic ballots to all voting representatives in their district. Voting will take place over the following 10 days.
- If no one nominee receives over 50% of the vote, a run-off election will be held between the top two candidates, or more if there are ties. Five days will be allowed for the run-off election
- The entire election process will take 65 days, beginning March 2 through May 5.
- The ISI office will verify final results, which will be announced at the ISI Conference & Trade Show.
ISI builder and supplier membership is for builders, suppliers and vendors of ice skating and arena products and services.
Get connected to your target customer audience with these membership benefits:
- Discounted advertising rates in ISI print and electronic publications
- Discounted exhibit space at the industry’s leading trade show and ISI’s national recreational skating competitions
- Virtual trade show for ISI trade show exhibitors
- Subscriptions to ISI EDGE trade journal, Recreational Ice Skating magazine and ISI eNews
- Free employment advertising on ISI Web site and in ISI EDGE
- Listing with description in annual ISI Directory, print and online
- Link on ISI Web site
- Business referrals and networking opportunities
For more information, call (972) 735-8800.