Visit Recreational Ice Skating magazine
It's official! Recreational Ice Skating magazine can be found at its new home at RISonline.org. ISI skaters, coaches and skating directors no longer have to wait for it to arrive in the mail. Now, with just a click of a mouse or the swipe of a screen - at any time and from anywhere - they can stay up-to-date on ISI news, events and coverage.
Those visiting the digital publication via their Android mobile device can download the RISonline app immediately. The iPhone app will be available shortly!
With our new digital format, we'll be able to deliver informative and entertaining articles and images to our readers - content that inspires them to continue skating in ISI programs and in your rinks - on a more frequent basis. Spread the word! RIS Online will feature fresh content monthly and best of all, it will be available 24/7
ISI Executive Director Peter Martell to Retire
ISI President Rob McBride announces the retirement of ISI Executive Director Peter Martell, effective August 26.
Randy Gardner and Tai Babilonia flank former coach John Nicks at an outdoor rink in Santa Monica, Calif. recently, not far from where they trained.
ISI is pleased to announce that we will induct former U.S. and World pair champions Randy Gardner and Tai Babilonia into the ISI Hall of Fame on May 31 at the annual ISI Awards Dinner during the ISI/PSA Conferences & Trade Show in Las Vegas. Stay tuned for news on additional awards recipients as the event draws near.
ISI/PSA Conferences & Trade Show
May 31- June 4
Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
Do you know that U.S. Olympic Gold medalist Scott Hamilton will be this year's keynote speaker? If not, that's a good reason to "like" our event Facebook page to learn more. Who knows, you could be our 100th fan and win a prize, too!
NEW Hockey Registration Process
Is Easy as 1-2-3!
ISI Administrative members (facilities or leagues can now register their hockey teams without having to register players individually. Players will receive the same insurance coverage and benefits as ISI individual hockey members.
This new process not only makes registering teams a breeze, but also provides a tremendous cost savings. Based on the number of teams in your league(s), your registration costs could be as low $275 for a youth team and $375 for an adult team ($18 or $25 per player respectively).
ISI Partners with EntryEeze to Improve Event Registration Process
In an effort to streamline the registration process for ISI competitions and events and create a more user-friendly experience for our individual, professional, and administrative memberships, ISI has partnered with EntryEeze in a joint development agreement. ISI and EntryEeze will be working together to fully integrate their software platforms to provide seamless competition event registrations for ISI endorsed competitions.
EntryEeze is a Colorado company launched in 2008 specifically to serve the needs of skaters and competition managers. Its vision is to provide an automated system to eliminate time spent manually inputting information, and to provide top-notch support to competition directors and skaters who use the software.
The company is headed by Jeff and Lisa Landon, who together have over 40 years of software development and project management experience. Lisa also has over 20 years of experience running figure skating competitions, is an active adult skater, an active club board member and a U.S. Figure Skating official.
The EntryEeze competition management software platform is web-based for maximum flexibility. It has a long list of fully developed competition management features geared toward automation and ease-of-use, allowing directors to focus their efforts on the more important tasks of an event. EntryEeze hosts hundreds of competitions annually and has an excellent client-retention record.
ISI will begin testing the new process shortly, with a launch date of early 2016. EntryEeze will be exhibiting at ISI's Annual Trade Show on Wednesday, May 27.
New ISI District Election Process
In an effort to be more inclusive, the ISI board of directors has implemented a new process for the election of district representatives. The election will be conducted electronically now - odd number districts in odd numbered years and even number districts in even number years.
- All Administrator member voting representatives within a district will receive an email with a link to nominate one person as their district director. They will be given 10 days to submit a nomination. Both voting representatives (if there are two) will receive the nomination email, but only the first nominee submitted will be accepted.
- Names of nominees who receive at least one nomination will be sent to all district voting representatives. Representatives will have five days to second a nomination.
- The ISI office will contact each approved nominee to confirm whether her or she is willing to serve. Each nominee will have 10 days to respond; a non-response will be considered a "no."
- The ISI office will verify qualifications for each nominee and send electronic ballots to all voting representatives in the nominee's district. Voting will take place over the following 10 days.
- If there are no nominees receiving more than 50 percent of the vote, a run-off election between the top two candidates, or more if there is a tie, will be held. Five days will be allowed for the run-off election
- The entire election process will take 65 days, beginning March 2 through May 5.
- The ISI office will verify final results, and winners will be announced at the ISI Ice Arena Conference & Trade Show.
ISI administrative membership is geared to ice skating and hockey facilities, schools, clubs, leagues and retailers. Membership in the oldest and largest ice skating industry trade association is not a cost of doing business – it’s an investment with immediate returns. The most successful facilities make regular use of ISI programs and services to keep their business moving in the right direction.
Administrative member benefits include:
- Right to use all ISI copyrighted programs and materials
- Right to apply for ISI competition and show endorsements
- Discounts on ISI educational programs, advertising and other services
- Insurance coverage for all registered ISI recreational skating and hockey members
- Manager and instructor training seminars
- Subscriptions to ISI EDGE trade journal, Recreational Ice Skating online magazine and ISI eNews
- Directory of ISI member facilities and industry builders and suppliers
- Link on ISI Web site
- Free employment advertising on ISI Web site and in ISI EDGE
- Connections with suppliers and networking opportunities
See how ISI works for you! For more information, call (972) 735-8800.