New ISI District Election Process
In an effort to be more inclusive, the ISI board of directors has implemented a new process for the election of district representatives. The election will be conducted electronically now - odd number districts in odd numbered years and even number districts in even number years.
- All Administrator member voting representatives within a district will receive an email with a link to nominate one person as their district director. They will be given 10 days to submit a nomination. Both voting representatives (if there are two) will receive the nomination email, but only the first nominee submitted will be accepted.
- Names of nominees who receive at least one nomination will be sent to all district voting representatives. Representatives will have five days to second a nomination.
- The ISI office will contact each approved nominee to confirm whether her or she is willing to serve. Each nominee will have 10 days to respond; a non-response will be considered a "no."
- The ISI office will verify qualifications for each nominee and send electronic ballots to all voting representatives in the nominee's district. Voting will take place over the following 10 days.
- If there are no nominees receiving more than 50 percent of the vote, a run-off election between the top two candidates, or more if there is a tie, will be held. Five days will be allowed for the run-off election
- The entire election process will take 65 days, beginning March 2 through May 5.
- The ISI office will verify final results, and winners will be announced at the ISI Ice Arena Conference & Trade Show.
ISI administrative membership is geared to ice skating and hockey facilities, schools, clubs, leagues and retailers. Membership in the oldest and largest ice skating industry trade association is not a cost of doing business – it’s an investment with immediate returns. The most successful facilities make regular use of ISI programs and services to keep their business moving in the right direction.
Administrative member benefits include:
- Right to use all ISI copyrighted programs and materials
- Right to apply for ISI competition and show endorsements
- Discounts on ISI educational programs, advertising and other services
- Insurance coverage for all registered ISI recreational skating and hockey members
- Manager and instructor training seminars
- Subscriptions to ISI EDGE trade journal, Recreational Ice Skating online magazine and ISI eNews
- Directory of ISI member facilities and industry builders and suppliers
- Link on ISI Web site
- Free employment advertising on ISI Web site and in ISI EDGE
- Connections with suppliers and networking opportunities
See how ISI works for you! For more information, call (972) 735-8800.